The CHEEKY Blog

The Way I See It...

Friday, February 17, 2006

Home Springs Home

After 2 months of crashing on couches, I finally call this MY HOME... the Springs Villas opposite Dubai Media City. The first 2 months has been hell, but I'm gonna leave that detail for another time.

This road leads to my villa. You may notice right about now that you're a little sandy, that's ok, you're in desert country.


This is the front of the house. So proud of my 4 wheeler... took it to the beach last Thursday and drove along the sand of Jumeira, a popular stretch of beach in Dubai. It's where the Burj al Arab is located.




This is the back of the house. I have a yard with grass and flowers, and I eat out here most of the time. The night sky is amazing, light pollution is minimal and the stars come out to play. Beautiful. Come summer, everything turns brown in Dubai and it's impossible to stay outdoors. I'm gonna enjoy it while I can.



The kitchen... I love cooking up a storm, I just hate washing up..


The communal pool.. Dubai weather is lovely now, low 20s C/70s F. Perfect time to dip and laze by the pool.. cocktail anyone?


This is my bed-with-a-vengence. It's HUGE. I fell in love with the Japanese-influenced style. It is probably too big for my room, but my practical side gave in to my vanity, and since I am on it at least 7 hours a day, I thought I'd pamper myself.

My workstation, I need a chair..



My new friends in Dubai started calling me "Cheeky Steve" cuz they pronounce "Cheak" as "Cheek", hence Cheeky, hence the blog name... I like it, it's got a ring to it. I'd be putting in lots more stuff on the blog, like videos, in the near future. So bookmark this page and keep checking back...

6 Comments:

At 12:26 am, Blogger Sherry Hackney Cade said...

Great writing...feel like I've really been around the block with you!

Sherry

 
At 6:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah finally!
the jepp- a jeep, steve. wow!
and I love the bed!

 
At 6:59 am, Blogger The Man & The Woman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since like life over there is cool! You took great pictures too!

Hope to see more nice pictures soon!

Take care!

Best regards,
-_-

Jess

We dont know each other! Just saw your link at Kungpaokitty!Hope you dont mind :)

 
At 12:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

superb pics...love the colours. made me feel like goin over for a holiday...

man...i jus got back from a holiday n i feel like going again...bleah

thanks yea

 
At 12:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steve..

Its me.... Jay.

Remember? Guy from your old home town - Marine Parade.

I have been hoping to chat with you again since the last time we chat...

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home