Weekend Blast
WOW
What a weekend I've had.
Nurza, Marjorie and Retna are here visiting, and so I decided to take them to Abu Dhabi for a little roadtrip to see the Romeo and Juliet ballet at the Emirates Palace.
On the morning we left, the skies opened and blasted Dubai and Abu Dhabi. I've never seen so much rain in Dubai before (then again, I've been here only 3 months). It rained so hard in Dubai and Abu Dhabi that by the time I came back, Dubai was flooded, which showed not only how hard it rained but also questioned the quality of construction in Dubai.

Abu Dhabi is about 1.5 hours away. We arrived to a very wet Abu Dhabi on Thursday and stayed the day at the magnificent 7-star Emirates Palace. It is the most majestic place I have ever been to. Everything is in gold, it's probably the most glittery-eyed I've ever been. 2000 staff, 1002 Swarovski chandeliers, 7000 doors, 140 elevators, 2.5km to walk round the Palace. Las Vegas, move over!

(These pictures are taken from the website of Emirates Palace)I knew the organizer of the ballet, and after the performance, we went to a private after-show party. Vodka is made in Russia + Dancers are Russians = I leave the rest to your imagination...


5 Comments:
sounds like a fun weekend alright! marj is back with all the stories... cant wait to hear all.
Hey hommie, glad to know that you are finally settling in. Hope all goes well with you. Nice pad. and i mean REAL NICE. *jealous* GOT A CAR SOMEMORE!!! WAHhhh... Keep in touch! be bookmarking your blog. -thon
wow. the pcityres are lovelt stevey. and the sotries are triclking out of mrajoriesSim. she needs some alcohol to spill all of them i think:)
awesome pics
stevo! it was truly an AMAZING nite.. yeahh the VODKA was FANTASTIC... the people were GREAT! the ACTION.. i am still speechless! :P
Post a Comment
<< Home