Yasumoto Kobayashi
My first post was supposed to be about my best friend. He passed away 25th October 2003 in a train accident in Japan. It was so difficult to write. And with the Dubai move, it made things more difficult in the physical sense.Today is Yasu's birthday. He would have been 28.
For those who didn't know him, he was beautiful, both in character and person, and was loved by many.
When he died, I was at a party in KL. I never got a chance to say good bye.
We had spoken on the phone jus a week before that fateful day. He sounded tired, upset.
Then I got that email from his friend with the news on my return. I sat on the floor, stunned and unable to feel, my mom cried for me.
I still have no tears to cry.
I touched your cold hard corspe.
I carried your coffin into the inferno.
And I picked up your bones with those exquisite chopsticks.
You'll never come back.
Yasumoto Kobayashi
Born - 1978
Died - 2003


8 Comments:
happy birthday yasu.
hugs to you steve.
happy birthday, Yasu!
And thank you, Steve!
I'm so sorry to hear tt... but he is definitely in a better place.
many hugs, my friend.
and happy birthday,yasu.
toronto, 1996. i was out having dinner. my dad from singapore left a voicemail on my phone. i got the message when i returned home. it wasn't anything specific. it was a playful greeting only we both understood. i laughed and went to sleep. i put off the return call for awhile.. one week later, i got another call from home. he died that day. after years of surpressing any form of emotion i had for the man i loved most in my life, i realize only now, how important it is to let my experiences with him live in my heart. i can't say it gets any easier with time steve. it has been 10 years, and i'm still trying..
hugs..
mate
really sorry to hear about your loss...if there is anything i can do let me know...your invisible flatmate
oh babe.. I'm really sorry for your loss. i can't hardly comprehend what it might feel like to loose someone you care about so suddenly. One thing, i have to tell you though, you're a person with amazing strength and it shows. : )
Your grief for what you've lost holds a mirror up to where you have bravely work.
Expecting the worst, you look and instead, here's the joyful face you've been wanting to see.
Your hand opens and closes and opens and closes. If it were always a fist or always stretched open, you would be paralyzed.
Your deepest presence is in every small contracting and expanding movement. The two as beautifully balanced and coordinated as birdwings.
Jalaluddin Rumi (1207-1273)
A beautiful something i wanted to share with you babe.
Hugs for you always baby. Take care.
all good? u haven't blogged in awhile...
Post a Comment
<< Home